Is recovery possible?
We hear from many peoples different experiences every day that tell us that recovery from an eating disorder is possible. Some people find they will always have to find different ways to cope with disordered eating thoughts, but they know how to make sure it does not affect their behavior and some people find once they have recovered that they don’t have these thoughts no more.
What is the first step to recovery?
The first point is talking to a person you trust – it could be a family member a close friend or even a teacher, but the most important thing is it should be someone you feel comfortable with and trust. We understand this takes a lot of bravery and its completely normal to have worries. The sooner you can start getting the treatment you need the better chance of a full recovery. The next step might be see your GP or Practice nurse about the different treatments for eating disorders.
Some Top tips for recovery
- Try to express your feelings and never be afraid to ask for help.
- If you are feeling low, look for things that will help to calm you. This could be anything from having a bath to speaking to a friend, look for things that work for you.
- Find new hobby’s that keep you busy.
- Keep yourself busy after you have had your meals
- Surround yourself with positive people who you enjoy spending time with.