A refreshing new voice in the eating disorder community. A woman I have been blessed to meet and am more than honored to recommend her book Chasing Silhouettes.
- Chasing Silhouettes: How to Help a Loved One Battling an Eating Disorder http://www.amazon.com/Chasing-Silhouettes-battling-eating-disorder/dp/0984009558/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337742217&sr=8-1-fkmr1.
is a unique resource for family members and friends of disordered eaters. Based on the true story of a young woman who struggled with anorexia nervosa, Silhouettes provides a fresh perspective on the age-old topic of body image, and how to redefine it in a world of eating disorders.
Comprised of insight and advice from both families and Christian professionals in the eating disorder field, as well as suggested prayers and tips on what not to say or do, the easy-to-read chapters are separated into five sections:
- Recognizing—how to respond to the initial stages of the illness;
- Rendered Helpless—what to do in the midst of an eating disorder;
- Recovery—how to react when your loved one decides to get better;
- Renewal—how to help a loved one walk in health and wholeness, and
- Related Accounts--other stories of those who've battled eating disorders.
"It is rare I find a resource that so uniquely supplements the whole-person approach to eating disorder treatment as what I have discovered in this insightful, inspiring book."
-- Gregory L. Jantz, PhD, bestselling author and Founder of A Place of Hope
- Clinicians and Lay Leaders
Author, Save My Children and Chasing Silhouettes