Almost every description of people with active eating disorders includes a statement about low self-esteem. You may not realize you have low self-esteem because you think that how you feel about yourself is based on your permanent personality. I invite you to try out these tips and see if they bring positive changes to your outlook and maybe even your life. * painting info below.
- Build self esteem: Listen to yourself. Pay attention to your feelings. Good way to do it is to journal and READ your journal.
- Build self esteem: If you have a conflict between work and people you love, sometimes choose the people you love.
- Build self esteem: Know that you will not always be consistent, logical or unselfish. Accept your humanity and continue to grow.
- Build self esteem: Give yourself an adult name that generates respect from yourself and others.
- Build Self Esteem: Catch yourself being good, competent, generous or saying "no" when you mean it. Praise yourself and smile. :)
Let me know what happens when you try these self-esteem builders.
- Which ones are easy for you?
- Which are particularly challenging?
- Which surprise you because you didn't think they had anything to do with self-esteem?
Attribution: Margret Hofheinz-Döring / Galerie Brigitte Mauch Göppingen